Cultivating inner peace is the way to express yourself more peacefully, and therefore experience more peace in your outer environment. It’s important personally, and because you are an essential part of the global web of “collective consciousness,” it’s important to the world and every being in it.
I love Saskia Davis’ poem on the topic, and thought I’d share it with you. I appreciate the simplicity and concrete nature of her words. Here’s your chance to check-in on whether you’re creating mayhem or peace.
Please share how it resonates by posting a comment. What areas of your life are signalling that your inner beingness is anything but peaceful? What are you prepared to do about it? One thing you can do is share this with others who may need help diagnosing their own situations!
Symptoms of Inner PeaceBy Saskia Davis
Be on the lookout for symptoms of inner peace. The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to inner peace, and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition in the world.
Some signs and symptoms of inner peace:
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of interest in judging other people.
- A loss of interest in judging self.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom)
- Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
- Frequent attacks of smiling.
- An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than making them happen.
- An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others, as well as he uncontrollable urge to extend it.
Stay well and BE happy!
If you have one or all of the above symptoms, please be advised that your condition of inner peace may be so far advanced as to not be curable. If you are exposed to anyone exhibiting any of these symptoms, remain exposed only at your own risk.